By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Low HCG declining very slowly

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
sr20

Low HCG declining very slowly

Post by sr20 »

Hi everyone!

I would like to thank everyone first of all for having created such a safe space with this forum, it has been a great relief to read stories and experiences of other women who have gone through PULs/ectopic pregnancies.

I found out I had an ectopic pregnancy on August 10th, which is being treated expectantly. Luckily, surgery and methotrexate haven't been on the cards for me because my HCG levels have always been very low (initially 160), but it has also decreased extremely slowly. It has now been nearly 7 weeks, and while the levels have decreased more or less consistently my HCG is now at 33. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I have read about lots of cases where HCG dropped from the 1000s to non-pregnant levels in only a few weeks, so I am getting a bit frustrated that it is taking so long... it seems as if my life is on hold!

I would love to hear about your experiences!