By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain during ovulation

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
naimbh93

Pain during ovulation

Post by naimbh93 »

Is it normal to be really sore on the side of your ectopic around ovulation time , (a year and 2months on) I thankfully didn’t loose a tube but got the methotrexate?

EPT Host 22

Re: Pain during ovulation

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Naimbh93,

I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. It is very possible and quite normal to feel ovulation pains, following an ectopic, even if you had not felt them before. It could be due to scar tissue or even just heightened sensations and awareness of pain. I also feel my ovulation more than I ever did before my ectopic pregnancies.

As I'm not medically qualified, I cannot comment on your particular situation, but I encourage you to keep a pain diary, noting when the pain occurs, where it is, its intensity and any treatments that help relieve it. This could be helpful to share at your next GP or doctor's appointment.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust

Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
Join us for the first Ectopic Pregnancy Awareness Day on 1 August 2022

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Sazzles

Re: Pain during ovulation

Post by Sazzles »

Yes, it is completely normal. I had never felt ovulation before and since my first ectopic I get 2 hours of horrible cramps. Sad to say you get used to it.
Hope you are doing ok