By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Am I going crazy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lisha89

Am I going crazy

Post by Lisha89 »

Looking for some help/ advice

I had an eptopice pregnancy 6 weeks ago and I'm really struggling with everything at the moment

Here's my story

I woke up with a stomach ache and slept most of the day, by the evening I couldn't deal with the pain and could t feel my left arm so I called 111

I went into hospital and was bleeding (which I thought was my period) I was told in hospital that I was pregnant (to my surprise) and was sent to gyny
Gyny conducted an internal and told me my cervix was closed but I would need a scan to find out why I was bleeding
The following morning I had a scan and was told I was bleeding internally, required surgery and had an ectopic pregnancy.
Whilst waiting to go to surgery a nurse asked me what kind of funeral I wanted for the pregnancy tissue

Once I came round from surgery I was told I had lost 1 litre of blood and my left tube and pregnancy tissue had been removed
Surgeon then told me that if I were to get pregnant again it would be painful as my womb and stomach are fused together due to adhesions from previous c sections

The following day I had ferritin injected I to me due to not producing red blood cells and then the following day after that I had a blood transfusion

Since then I have been in and out of hospital due to pains and clotting

I'm so emotional as I can't really comprehend what has happened

I wasn't planning on getting pregnant however the loss is really having an impact on my mental health - I also miscarried in Dec 2021 and got pregnant straight away so didn't process that loss at all

I feel so down, I feel like my body has failed me
I am blessed with 2 kids but I can't stop thinking about my losses
The fact that I am still having pains where my tube was removed from and below my belly button is a constant reminder (my surgery was keyhole)

During the last few weeks I went to hospital to see my Consultant, she showed me pics of the surgery and I can't get those pictures out of my head

I feel so alone
I have people around me but I don't think they understand my loss

EPT Host 22

Re: Am I going crazy

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Lisha89,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm so very sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss. It can be a very confusing time and brings up so many emotions which we may not have expected. You have suffered physical and emotional trauma, and right now, it is so important to look after yourself. There is no standard recovery process, as each of us is unique. However, as you've read, these boards are full of men and women who understand the challenges of ectopic pregnancies.

It's important to remember that there is nothing you did to cause or could have done to stop an ectopic pregnancy. Right now, the most important thing to do is to look after yourself. There is no set recovery or set timeframe for recovery. As every woman is unique, we all process it in different ways. Some days are better, and some days are harder. Over time, the initial feelings may fade, but we don't forget. It's important to take the next steps in your own time. Your well-being is the most important thing right now.

I found that journaling was a way for me to get my thoughts onto paper, helping me to make sense of my emotions and to share them with friends and family. The Trust also believes that talking therapies can be of great help. You may want to speak to your GP for a referral and a look into counselling or to contact your local Mind centres. We can also arrange for you to speak to someone on our helpline at the number below. Many find it of comfort to speak to someone who has been through same thing and we can support you alongside the counseling. You will also find more information for support on our website: http://www.ectopic.org.uk/patients/emotional-impact/

Please know that these boards are here for you, any time, to share or to vent for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team