By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heterotopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
CharlieS23

Heterotopic pregnancy

Post by CharlieS23 »

Last month I had surgery to remove one of my tubes as they believed it was an ectopic pregnancy and the tube had ruptured. 1 week after that surgery I went back for routine bloods and they had more than tripled. They re scanned me and found a heartbeat in the correct place. I'm wondering if there is anyone that has gone through this experience? All I've been able to find online is people who knew about the baby in the correct place before the surgery. Thank you!

Bitamina

Re: Heterotopic pregnancy

Post by Bitamina »

Hi CharlieS23!

I recently had a ruptured EP so I decided to search the net for people like me who had the same experience. Your condition is quite rare like my friend. She had multiple implantation, one is in her left tube and the other one was in the uterus, the correct place as you say it. She had undergone surgery to remove her left tube to prevent rupture and left the other one. She’s now 8 months pregnant and really excited. Your GP should put you in a close monitoring ultrasound.