By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2nd ectopic pregnancy... possible heterotopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Boddey2

2nd ectopic pregnancy... possible heterotopic pregnancy

Post by Boddey2 »

Hi I don't normally write on these forums but wonder if anyone is in the same boat, I suffered an ectopic pregnancy back in 2014 and had my one fallopian tube removed. I was lucky enough to conceive following this and had my daughter, we conceived a second time this time was twins but I miscarried the one twin and carried the 2nd to term. We recently decided to try for a 3rd.. we're probably pushing our luck anyway but was obviously not meant to be... after 6 months of trying we fell pregnant but at our early scan check up they discovered an ectopic pregnancy and another sack which they weren't 100% sure was a cist or a gestational sac. Long and short of it is Saturday following being rushed back in a had to have my remaining fallopian tube removed, they were able to carry out surgery without touching the womb just in case they is still anything in there to be saved. I have to return for repeat bloods next week to check my HCG levels, I have recently started having cramps and some tissue loss with the bleeding so am thinking that the potential baby in there could well be being lost now too. I feel bad because I feel I shouldn't be sad, I already have 2 beautiful daughter's and they are my world...but can't help feeling so empty and sad as there is no chance for us now :(

EPT Host 22

Re: 2nd ectopic pregnancy... possible heterotopic pregnancy

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Boddey2,

My heart goes out to you for having to endure this second ectopic pregnancy. Emotions after an ectopic are complex; it is natural to feel grateful and sad at the same time. You are feeling the loss of something which you had hoped would happen. This is very human.

While I'm not medically-qualified to assess your options for trying to conceive, it will be important to communicate with your doctors on the future possibilities. The bleeding you describe occurs after treatment is the body's response to falling hormone levels. Usually the bleeding after treatment lasts about a week and the begins to diminishes. Provided you are not soaking more than a pad an hour and you can manage the pain with over the counter pain relief then please try not to worry.

These boards are filled with women and men who have experienced ectopic pregnancies, all types and all stages. It is a safe space to share your feelings without judgement. It is so important to look after yourself right now, and we are here with you.

With good wishes,

Michele

*******************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
******************************************************************************************

Boddey2

Re: 2nd ectopic pregnancy... possible heterotopic pregnancy

Post by Boddey2 »

Thank you for your reply.
I have been told we would not be able to have IVF on NHS as we already have 2 children and as is £5000 for one go it's not possible for us to pay for it ourselves.
Yes my symptoms have calmed down now after a week, I have my repeat blood test tomorrow to check my HCG levels ... keep hoping some miracle will happen and sac in the womb survived and miraculously is fine although I realise this is most probably not the case ... but it's my last hope I suppose :(