By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Seeing pregnant women makes me cry

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
mano

Seeing pregnant women makes me cry

Post by mano »

I had ectopic pregnancy in December. My tube was ruptured. I was 5 weeks 6 days pregnant when it happened:-( I was very depressed for 2 weeks, then I decided not to think of what happened, so I started school and to work a lot. I just wanted to keep myself busy not to face my emotions. So today finally I went to the pool.Just when I wanted to enter the pool area, a pregnant woman showed up:-( she was about 6 months pregnant. I should be 6 months pregnant, not her. How I hate her! I tried to stay and have a good time, but I just started to cry and couldn't stop so I had to leave. Now while I am writing this post,the food burned:-( Today maybe I just should go back to my bed and never wake up again:-(((

Claire Wilkins 17

Re: Seeing pregnant women makes me cry

Post by Claire Wilkins 17 »

Hi Mano,
I'm sorry to hear that your having a tough time. You are not in your own I also had an ectopic in December and I have days where I just want to cry especially when I see pregnant women I think it's normal to feel like it should be me! It's such a horrible emotional experience but we get through every stage one step at a time!I get worse emotionally when I'm ovulating and so does the jealousy.. but I'm hoping one day I will be pregnant again and it will be in the right place we just have to keep postivie, I hope your ok now? Xx

mano

Post by mano »

Hi Claire Wilkins 17,
Thank you, today I feel better. I have more energy and in a better mood. I am just sad a little bit, because my lab results are not very good, my blood glucose level and the testosterone levels are very high, which means I don't even have the chance to conceive now. In November the lab results were perfect:-( now I think the stress messed it up:-( I try to keep a strict diet, which is not easy, when I just want to eat chocolate because of sadness...Every night I think of the 10 best thing that happened to me that day, and I watch funny films, because I want to feel good. But now I just feel that yesterday that pregnant woman went to the pool to make me sad. She should have stayed at home. I feel as if I were slapped on my face: she must have been thinking: "oh I can be pregnant while you can not I am better than you". I know I am not realistic rihgt now, it is just soi good to hate that woman Lol:-)
I am sorry you also had to go through this terrible thing:-(

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Mano,

We hear from many women who struggle with news about pregnancy from their friends and families or with seeing pregnant ladies. This is very normal and I was the same after my loss. When I had my ectopic pregnancy I had to attend a family function and a close family member was heavily pregnant. I spent the whole day and evening avoiding her as I found it too hard to be near her. It's what I needed to do to get through the day and have some space and please protect your heart in whatever way you need. This does not make us "bad" people and it is possible to be happy for those around us while grieving for our own loss. Pregnancies and babies can be a very stark reminder of what could have been and it can be painful. Please do be gentle with yourself and you can talk to us whenever you need.

After everything we go through with ectopic pregnancy, feeling the way you do can be completely normal however if the bad days start to outweigh the good ones, we at the Trust believe that talking through what happened and your emotions as and when you can helps the healing process. We operate a helpline service and there's no pressure whatsoever but if you would ever like the opportunity to speak over the phone to someone who has been through a similar experience, do feel free to call, details are below. We can take things at your pace entirely and you are free to ask any questions that are on your mind. You can talk about the ordeal you have been through and express your feelings to vent and let off some steam. We can exchange emails too, if you prefer that route. We'll simply be here for you, however you wish and for as long as you wish.

In addition, you can ask to see a GP at your practice and ask them to explore ways in which you can get help and this can include referrals for "talking therapies" or counselling. We have information on our website about finding counselling services.

The charity Mind may also be of assistance. They have local centres and support groups and can offer services on a means-tested basis or sometimes free. You can find your local centre following this link if that may be useful too: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************