By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Rectal Pain

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Rquayle32

Rectal Pain

Post by Rquayle32 »

Throughout this whole ectopic pregnancy experience I have been struggling with pain. What started as pain pretty much everywhere, cramps, full abdominal pain and bloat, lower back pain and stabbing pain in my rectum has subsided to just rectal pain.

Last week I received word from my doctor that my most recent blood lab showed I now longer have the pregnancy hormone in my body. All the pain I was previously experiencing is gone besides this rectal pain. It’s a stabbing pain, that becomes prominent when I sit down, first stand up, and is the worst when trying to pass a bowel moment.

It seems strange to me that this is the only pain I am left with. Has anyone else experienced rectal pain? Or should I be concerned?

EPT Host 20

Re: Rectal Pain

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Rquayle32,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your symptoms.
Pain following ectopic pregnancy is common, however there can be many causes for rectal pain and I would advise speaking to your GP.
I have added some information on other causes of rectal pain and if you are experiencing any of these other symptoms, again discuss with your GP.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/anal-pain/

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Kaileelennon

Post by Kaileelennon »

Could it be that you developed hemmroids?

L1987

Post by L1987 »

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Are you still experiencing the rectal pain? I felt urged to reply to your post as this is the exact pain that I felt when my ectopic pregnancy ruptured. I was later told by the doctor that the pain was caused by blood in the abdomen, which irritates the surrounding tissues. Even though your HCG levels have fallen to 0 it may be possible that the ectopic site has been bleeding slowly. Perhaps request an ultrasound to be sure that everything is ok?

Ann1981+

Post by Ann1981+ »

Did you get the results for the rectal pain.i am currently getting the same pain