By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Distraught and guilt, no one understands around me

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sakreader2003

Distraught and guilt, no one understands around me

Post by Sakreader2003 »

My husband and I have been trying for over 12 months and were referred to a fertility clinic, when we realised I was pregnant we were so happy unfortunately I started bleeding and getting pain, turnt out to be eptopic. I

I was in and out having scans and blood tests before deciding to have the injection. It didn't work and I had emergency surgery remove the tube and pregnancy.

I feel so sad and lost

EPT Host 20

Re: Distraught and guilt, no one understands around me

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Sakreader,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss especially after everything you have been through.

When we experience etopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life-threatening emergency and its treatment, reduction in fertility, and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal. It is important to understand that there is nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening, from the bottom of my heart, I wish to tell you that this is not your fault.

There is no timeframe for how long it takes us to heal, Take each day as it comes and know that we will be with you for as long as you need.

Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve and to heal both physically and emotionally.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x