By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Family announcements

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lauren[]

Family announcements

Post by Lauren[] »

Both my sister and sister in law have announced recently that they are pregnant, due dates 1 and 2 months after what would have been my due date. I just feel like I can't escape. It's horrible because I am obviously really happy for them both, but it is just a constant reminder of what I've lost. Every experience/ scan/ whatever I feel torn because it's what I should be having.

I really don't want to have to talk about pregnancy but it's also unfair on them and the rest of my family where they should feel happy and be able to be excited and talk about it. (It also really doesn't help that I'm living at my in laws at the moment and so I can't just shut my front door and hide).

EPT Host 20

Re: Family announcements

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Lauren,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.

We hear from many women who struggle with news about pregnancy from their friends and families. This is very normal and I was the same after my loss. When I had my ectopic pregnancy I had to attend a family function and a close family member was heavily pregnant. I spent the whole day and evening avoiding her as I found it too hard to be near her. It's what I needed to do to get through the day and have some space and please protect your heart in whatever way you need. This does not make us "bad" people and it is possible to be happy for those around us while grieving for our own loss. Pregnancies and babies can be a very stark reminder of what could have been and it can be painful. Please do be gentle with yourself and you can talk to us whenever you need.

Sending much love,
Karen x