By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Fatigue

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
C0l-tte

Fatigue

Post by C0l-tte »

I’m 4 weeks post surgery, I had my left tube removed. This week, the fatigue has been so bad. I was doing well. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips to get though the fatigue.

EPT Host 22

Re: Fatigue

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi C0I-tte,

I’m so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss. Your surgery was so recent and it's so very, very important to give yourself time to heal physically and emotionally. Everyone's path is unique to them and there is no set timeframe for emotional recovery. There are no "musts" or "shoulds" or deadlines. It's important to listen to your body and take it as slow as you need. I know this can feel difficult in our busy lives, but it is so necessary for your recovery.

Fatigue is a normal part of healing. However, if you feel concerned, you could keep a diary, noting when the fatigue starts, when and where you experience it and the intensity. You could discuss your notes with your doctors, and these details would help them determine how best to manage your symptoms.

Please do allow yourself all the time and space that you need to heal and know that you have a supportive environment here for as long as you need. We are here for you any time. These boards are a safe environment to let off steam among people who have been there and understand. Please do continue to do so as often as you wish.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

LMuz32

Post by LMuz32 »

Hi Col-tte, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I have had 2 ectopics (one conservative management, one surgery). With both of them I had bouts of fatigue and demotivation. I found both of them physically draining even though the surgery had a greater physical toll on my body. I’m not medically qualified but I imagine it is a combination of both the physical and emotional response to this terrible time. Don’t be hard on yourself or put yourself under pressure to return to normal, just take it at your own pace. I hope you’re feeling brighter soon.

C0l-tte

Post by C0l-tte »

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Great idea about keeping a diary I will do that.
I think because they said a 2 week recovery time.
I’ve taken it literally 2 weeks. It’s been a bit of a shock that in week 4 I am feeling fatigued. I guess my body wants me to rest still.

MrsRowbs

Post by MrsRowbs »

I also had my left tube removed on 1st Feb. Was sent on my way with a sick note for 2 weeks. 8 weeks later and I have only just felt ready to return to work last week. The fatigue was a killer for me and some days I had no motivation to get up off the sofa. I am a teacher and knew I had just one week to get through before the Easter holidays, which helped to know that to return to work. The physical as well as emotional healing takes time. Be kind to yourself and listen to your body, everybody’s experience, as well as recovery, is different. X