By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Potential second ectopic advise please

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kjm3691

Potential second ectopic advise please

Post by Kjm3691 »

Hi all,

I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2015 which resulted in my left tube rupturing.
I have now found out I am pregnant again . I track my periods so I am very early in and found out at 4 weeks. I am now 5 weeks.
I have been for a scan and they couldn’t see much but are watching me with regular blood tests.

I have a few symptoms which I experienced last time and I don’t know if they are specific to ectopic pregnancy or in general.

I am experiencing pain in my opposite side to last time. It’s a constant dull pain/ ache and is present in my low back on the same side. It’s more uncomfortable when I lie down.
I am freezing cold to the bone! I am normally someone who rarely wears a coat but I’m finding my self wearing thermals in the house.
I have pain in what feels like the bone at the top of my bum it feels bruised.

My right side also feels slightly swollen. I have a scar from where they entered last time to remove the left tube the swelling is slightly below that. The best way to describe it is it feels plump.

My boobs are also swollen.

I know I am early on and the hospital is doing all it can to monitor but I am getting very frustrated I just want to know where I stand. I feel like I am waiting for the news that it’s ectopic. I’m emotionally fine but I just feeling anxious.
Has anyone experienced these symptoms second time round and it’s led to ectopic?

I am hoping if it is I can be treated via injection.

Would appreciate anyone who can provide some advice? I’m not bothered if it’s bad news I just want to feel like I have some clarity

EPT Host 20

Re: Potential second ectopic advise please

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear kjm,
Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy.

After an ectopic pregnancy, finding we are pregnant again can be a mix of emotions and I can completely understand your feeling nervous. It is perfectly normal to feel scared after the ordeal you have endured. I also felt twinges and aches after my ectopic pregnancy, particularly when I next felt pregnant. My mind started racing and I was only really able to relax to some degree after my early scan. It is a nerve-wracking time and you have a friend here who understands how you are feeling.

Unfortunately as there are sometimes no clear cut symptoms of ectopic pregnancy, t is very difficult to say whether these symptoms are normal pregnancy symptoms for you or not.
It is good to hear that you are being closely monitored and I would advise seeking medical advice with any new or worsening symptoms.

I wish I could give you more ideas about how to pass the time to try to keep your mind busy. Try reading, box sets.
I am thinking of you and sending positive thoughts,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Calty123

Re: Potential second ectopic advise please

Post by Calty123 »

I didn’t have as many of the symptoms you describe but I did have the dull pain on my opposite side and it was not another ectopic in my case. Everything crossed for you x