By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

periods after surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
jo106

periods after surgery

Post by jo106 »

Hi,

I suffered an ectopic pregnancy in January and had my left fallopian tube removed. I was told to expect a little bit of a messy cycle immediately afterwards but it’s now April and I have super heavy periods still. My periods before were never heavy, they were a little painful but never heavy to the point that i’d bleed through a tampon within a crazy short amount of time. Has anyone else had this? Is it normal to still be bleeding so heavily each month or should I head back to the doctors? it’s just a complete change to what my cycle has been in the past.

My ovulation pain (which i’ve always been able to feel each month) has also stepped up a level to the point I sometimes struggle to put weight on whichever side it is when walking.

thanks. x

EPT Host 20

Re: periods after surgery

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear jo,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
Periods can take a few months to settle into a pattern and flow that is more “normal” for us. If you are concerned about them or if you are also experiencing bleeding in between periods or after intercourse, I would advise speaking to a medical professional.

Sending much love,
Karen x