By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Brown discharge after methrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Yvo1977

Brown discharge after methrexate

Post by Yvo1977 »

I had ** section scar ectopic pregnancy and treated with methrexatein November,my levels took a few months to come down and now discharged from early pregnancy unit

I’ve had around 4 periods that lasts 7 days then I get brown discharge for a further 7-10 days, has anyone experienced this. I previously mentioned this at the early pregnancy unit but was told not too worry as just old blood. Prior to my ectopic my period would last 5 days at most

Any help appreciated

EPT Host 20

Re: Brown discharge after methrexate

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Yvo,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
Bleeding patterns can change following ectopic pregnancy and some women do find they bleed a little longer. The brown discharge you are describing is usually old blood and some women experience this normally as part of their periods.
Unfortunately I am not medically trained however and if you have concerns or are experiencing bleeding in between periods or after intercourse, please seek medical advice.
Sending much love,
Karen x