By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Please help searched 100s of posts can't find any answers

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sol_x

Please help searched 100s of posts can't find any answers

Post by Sol_x »

Hi everyone I've searched hundreds of posts and can find any answers to my questions.

Quick back ground
14 weeks ago I had a scan that showed I have ** section ectopic pregnancy my hgc levels were 33,196.

I was treated with methotrexate 11 weeks ago and my hgc is now 34. I had a scan yesterday that shows the pregnacy sac is still there and has active blood vessels attached to it. It's so deeply embedded with in my scar it has no where to go. It has comprimised my scar making it very weak. I have not had any bleeding since starting methotrexate.

The doctor has decided this is fine and she doesn't need to see my any more. She hopes eventually the sac will collapse and my body will stop feeding it. But will rescan me in 3 months to check that. She doesn't need me to come back for anymore blood tests.

I suppose my question is, is this okay? To just leave it there with active blood flow, will it not continue to grow? One doctor said they need to refer my to the royal London women's hospital and and now this doctor who is higher up has said no she wants to leave it alone and hopes it will resolve on its own.

I'm just worried now that it hasn't shrunk or done anything in the 11weeks I've had methotrexate, can it just be left like that? Could it cause any further problems? I have asked all thease questions and she just says she isn't concerned, but I am.

I feel so lost and with such little information online for this I don't know what to do. 3 months is a long time. I've never heard of all the blood vessels still pumping blood to it after treatment.

Has anyone been through similar or can shead some light because right now I feel so so lost.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Mvic28

Re: Please help searched 100s of posts can't find any answers

Post by Mvic28 »

Can you afford to go privately and ask for a second opinion?

EPT Host 20

Re: Please help searched 100s of posts can't find any answers

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Sol,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and difficult time you continue to have.
C section scars are quite rare so research on treatment is limited. Also I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific answers to your questions.
My first thought is that they should monitor you with blood tests until your hCG levels are 5 or below, that way they can tell if there is any increase in size.
As for further treatment or if it is ok to leave it, as you have been given conflicting advice you would be well within your rights to seek a second opinion and have their rational for the decision explained fully to you. If you don't know how to an for a second opinion, I would speak to the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) department within your local hospital who will be able to assist you.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team