By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

A story of hope with a happy ending

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
mowakasha

A story of hope with a happy ending

Post by mowakasha »

Hi all

I wanted to come on here and share my experience and share some hope. If you’re not in that frame of mind you may not want to read on but I remember when I had my ectopic I was desperate to read stories of hope.

My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and then I got pregnant immediately and I had my son. When he was just shy of two we decided to try again. I got pregnant very quickly and at 7 weeks I started to bleed lightly. A private scan told me the pregnancy was in my right tube. I was devastated. They said they would leave me a few days as my hcg was in the 200s. My hcg kept going up so they said they had to give methotrexate. The first injected failed. My hcg kept creeping up. The second one failed too. I could believe it as the percentage of that happening was so low. It culminated in me bent over in the shower knowing something was wrong, heading to a & e and an emergency surgery that afternoon. I was internally bleeding and moments from rupture. I lost my right tube. This was October 2020.

The whole thing was so traumatic and awful. I couldn’t believe it was my second loss and I was gutted. To complicate things the private sonographer had said she thought my left tube was blocked. So I had a hycosy privately and in the process found out that my egg reserve was super low. I was 34 and had the reserve of someone in their 40s who was perimenopausal. My left tube however was clear. I was GUTTED though and thought I would give up on my dream of another baby.

We waited the 3 months before trying because of methotrexate. I got pregnant! Then I miscarried at 5 weeks in March 2021. Another loss, another heartbreak. Fast forward to July 2021 and another positive test. I was terrified.

Every niggle, every sensation, every feeling was so stressful. I was convinced it was another ectopic. At 5.5 weeks they saw a sac. At 7 weeks a heartbeat. Then it was just trying to reach each milestone. I was terrified for 39 weeks to be honest. I had had one baby and three losses. I have high blood pressure and a thyroid problem. I was so anxious and stressed.

But I’m here writing this with my 5.5 week old baby on my chest. It was worth all the pain and misery. So there is hope, with one tube and low egg reserve.

I wish all of you trying to have a baby all the luck in the world!

Mvic28

Re: A story of hope with a happy ending

Post by Mvic28 »

Thank you so much for returning to the forum to share your happy ending. This forum is a great place but reading so many sad stories and so many cases of 2 and 3 ectopics is also disheartening and can make us even more paranoid that it is going to happen again so stories like yours mean the world! Congratulations on your little one :)

mowakasha

Post by mowakasha »

Yes more than one ectopic is just dreadful for people but there’s a strong chance it’ll all be ok for people who do get pregnant again!

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Mowakasha,
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby.
Thank you so much for writing such a detailed account and updating us on your success, you can already see how much hope it brings,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

AimeeC

Post by AimeeC »

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story, I’ve just had surgery and my left tube removed and although I’m we can’t try for 3 months because I had methotrexate too, I’m already worrying about it happening again! Thanks for sharing a happy ending xx

Irina

Post by Irina »

mowakasha wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:47 pm
Hi all

I wanted to come on here and share my experience and share some hope. If you’re not in that frame of mind you may not want to read on but I remember when I had my ectopic I was desperate to read stories of hope.

My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and then I got pregnant immediately and I had my son. When he was just shy of two we decided to try again. I got pregnant very quickly and at 7 weeks I started to bleed lightly. A private scan told me the pregnancy was in my right tube. I was devastated. They said they would leave me a few days as my hcg was in the 200s. My hcg kept going up so they said they had to give methotrexate. The first injected failed. My hcg kept creeping up. The second one failed too. I could believe it as the percentage of that happening was so low. It culminated in me bent over in the shower knowing something was wrong, heading to a & e and an emergency surgery that afternoon. I was internally bleeding and moments from rupture. I lost my right tube. This was October 2020.

The whole thing was so traumatic and awful. I couldn’t believe it was my second loss and I was gutted. To complicate things the private sonographer had said she thought my left tube was blocked. So I had a hycosy privately and in the process found out that my egg reserve was super low. I was 34 and had the reserve of someone in their 40s who was perimenopausal. My left tube however was clear. I was GUTTED though and thought I would give up on my dream of another baby.

We waited the 3 months before trying because of methotrexate. I got pregnant! Then I miscarried at 5 weeks in March 2021. Another loss, another heartbreak. Fast forward to July 2021 and another positive test. I was terrified.

Every niggle, every sensation, every feeling was so stressful. I was convinced it was another ectopic. At 5.5 weeks they saw a sac. At 7 weeks a heartbeat. Then it was just trying to reach each milestone. I was terrified for 39 weeks to be honest. I had had one baby and three losses. I have high blood pressure and a thyroid problem. I was so anxious and stressed.

But I’m here writing this with my 5.5 week old baby on my chest. It was worth all the pain and misery. So there is hope, with one tube and low egg reserve.

I wish all of you trying to have a baby all the luck in the world!
Thank you for sharing your story. It gives some hope. I also have a low ovarian reserve and I am so worried it will decrease even more after MTX. Was your ovarian reserve low or normal before methotrexate?

Loulou453

Post by Loulou453 »

Thank you for sharing this story it brought tears to my eyes as I face an uncertain time. Congratulations on coming through stronger.

Nell22

Post by Nell22 »

Aw wow, I'm so happy for you. What a difficult time you went through. Enjoy all those precious newborn snuggles. Thanks for sharing.
I'm 3 months post surgey for removal of right fallopian tube. Just had a really bad day today and came on here for some support. Honestly nobody asks how I am anymore and tbh I'm struggling. I've an amazing husband tho whom is my rock. And two gorgeous boys 5 and 3 who keep me busy no end. But the heartache is still there. Not sure ill ever get over it and will always wonder about my baby I lost.
Xxxx