By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Follow up appointment

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
RainbowsInTheSky

Follow up appointment

Post by RainbowsInTheSky »

I had surgery to treat an ectopic pregnancy about 5 weeks ago, I have my 6 weeks follow up appointment next week.
I just want to know what to expect? Do they just check your incision site to make sure healing is going well and ask if you're having any problems or is there something else?
I'm not having any issues, I got my first menstrual cycle earlier this week an I don't feel any pain other than normal cramping. Mainly just wondering if the appointment is necessary.

EPT Host 22

Re: Follow up appointment

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi RainbowsintheSky,

I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss. It is still very recent and important to continue looking after yourself. I'm not medically qualified and cannot say what happens during the six-week check-up, but I would think they would look at the physical healing and ask about the emotional recovery as well. I encourage you to attend the check-up. If you have any follow up questions about future ttc or recovery, it would be a good time to ask these questions too. You might want to jot down a list of questions or thoughts to take with you. Sometimes questions come to us later or when we realise that we can ask things we've just been thinking to ourselves.

We are here for you for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

RainbowsInTheSky

Thank you, I'll try to think of some questions to ask.

RainbowsInTheSky

Just thought I would share details of my appointment here if anyone else might wonder about it in the future. They just asked about whether my cycle has returned and then did an ultrasound to see if there were any issues they could identify. I didn't lose my tube, and they couldn't see any problems from just the ultrasound. Since there were no issues and my cycle has started up again we can try to conceive during my next cycle. They didn't really ask about my state of mind but I feel like I'm coping well so I don't need help at this stage.