By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period after discharged and methodrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
shira 6+

Period after discharged and methodrexate

Post by shira 6+ »

I found out I had a ectopic pregnancy in April with an IUD. I was given the methodrexate injection and finally got discharged 3 weeks ago and the bleeding from methodrexate stopped.

Today I've started experiencing bad cramping on my right side where the ectopic used to be and nausea from the pain. I haven't had a period for 4 years because the IUD stopped them. I can't remember if my periods used to feel like this. I'm not bleeding and I've don't a pregnancy test in case somehow I got pregnant again even through me and my partner have been very careful to always use condoms.

Is it normal to feel bad cramping on one side before your first period starts after ectopic with methodrexate? Should I contact my GP? I still have the fear of a rupture even though I know I've been discharged so any pain on that side scares me but going through A&E is so stressful.

shira 6+

Re: Period after discharged and methodrexate

Post by shira 6+ »

Forgot to mention they removed my IUD