By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic pregnancy- Expectant Management severe fatigue

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
thisisponygirl

Ectopic pregnancy- Expectant Management severe fatigue

Post by thisisponygirl »

Hi everyone, A little bit of background: I got diagnosed in the beginning of May with an ectopic pregnancy and have been treated with expectant management. Since then I have felt pretty O.K. physically.. with some discomfort on/off but nothing too major. Over the past couple days I have had heavy bleeding and a lot of fatigue, to the point where I just want to lay down all day. I've been checked out.. my HCG is only 23 now but they can still see a very small mass in the free fluid in my pelvic area so just more watchful waiting for now. Also, thought perhaps I had started my menstrual cycle again. Has anyone experience this fatigue? It's getting so challenging to cope without my usual routine.. "yoga etc.. " Thanks and big hugs to everyone going through and who has gone through this. XX

Lyn_K

Re: Ectopic pregnancy- Expectant Management severe fatigue

Post by Lyn_K »

Hi thisisponygirl,

I am sorry you had to go through this. I was diagnosed with mine in March and was also successfully managed expectantly. I started spotting when my HCG reached about 32 and then it reached 19, I started bleeding a lot more - soaking a pad within 2 hours. That lasted about 2-3 days and then it stopped. I was told it couldn't be my period as I still had HCG in my system.

My fatigue level was manageable but also very much related to my mood which was low down to the ground. I wasn't doing much except lying in bed crying. I wouldn't even go for a shower. The only movement I'd do would be walking the few steps between my bed and the couch where I'd stay for the rest of the day. So I didn't really notice any unusual fatigue. I am no doctor but maybe your bleeding could be causing you to be a little anaemic and fatigued as a result?

Sorry I don't have any answers. I hope you regain your energy back again and recover from all this quickly. x

thisisponygirl

Re: Ectopic pregnancy- Expectant Management severe fatigue

Post by thisisponygirl »

Hi Lyn_K,

So sorry you are going through this as well and to hear about how you have been feeling. Thanks for sharing your story, I am sure it is partially due to my low mood as well... just feeling a bit numb really. I hope you have some brighter days ahead. xx