By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Me and my story

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Weez8

Me and my story

Post by Weez8 »

After looking at these posts on here and finding comfort and seeing the support I have decided to write down my story.
After a miscarriage 5 years ago and a chemical in April, I fell pregnant quickly after. On 2nd June my Fiancé and I went for a private scan as I was 6 weeks. After a scan nothing could be seen so an internal scan was done and again nothing was there. We were informed that it was a PUL and offered another scan 10 days later incase it was just too early to see anything. My Fiancé remained optimistic but I felt like there was something wrong.
A week later I woke up with pain on my lower left side and bleeding. It was between spotting and a light period. I phoned the Early Pregnancy Clinic and the told me to come up. I explained the situation and I got an internal scan from the midwife who identified a cyst on my left ovary. She got the doctor to come in and observe the scan who then asked a consultant to come in and perform one also. I then got the news that it was ectopic. I just went numb. She then started speaking about injections and surgery and possible loss of my tube. I couldn't take it in. Thank goodness my mum was with me as she was listening and asking questions. I got bloods taken and told to wait for results but not to eat or drink as I may need surgery. I honestly felt sick. I just couldn't process. And the possibility of loosing my tube was making me feel like I'd be less of a woman. I then got my results of my levels that the doctor said weren't too high so they allowed me to go home and had to go back in 48 hours. I went home with everything swimming about in my head. I just felt numb.
The day of my next appointment I woke up feeling very dizzy and sore. I rushed up to hospital and they seen me straight away. They did bloods and again I waited. The results this time had gone a little higher but the pain and dizziness had gone. Doctor did another internal and press own on my tummy but there was no pain. He spoke to me about Methotrexate and gave me information about it away with me.
My next appointment saw my levels rise a bit again so I was offered Methotrexate. The doctor spent time going over it all with me, discussing side effects and taking time to answer all my questions. I got the injection then had to go back on Friday which was my day 4. I was told that it's very common for the levels to go up a bit more and not to panic however my levels came down just under 15%. I had been feeling very sick from the injection and got anti sickness prescribed from the doctors. I also had mild cramping like period pains and I bled for 2 days then turned to spotting.
Today was day 7 and I was so so anxious that I'd have to get another injection. I waited in the hospital for my blood results and the midwife told me they had dropped again more than last time. I cried. Then cried all the way home in the car. I felt a little bit of relief and a small weight had been taken off my shoulders. I will be getting bloods taken each week to monitor the levels until they fall completely.
I feel so down. This whole experience has totally floored me and made me feel like a different person. I have always been that happy chappy, look on the bright side of life kinda person but I feel like I've been pushed down so low and am struggling to get back up again. I am going to speak to my GP and I have also been referred to the reoccurrent miscarriage clinic where they can do more tests on my blood to find out of there has been any reason for my 3 losses and I will get help to which I am so grateful for.
So that's me. Sorry for the novel. I've just taken so much comfort in knowing there's others like me so I wanted to put my story down. I wish you all the best and send you all the love in the world
💖💖

EPT Host 20

Re: Me and my story

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Weez,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and losses. To experience one loss is difficult,to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.
It can be difficult when we do not know what is going on with our bodies but it sounds as though your levels are heading in the right direction.
Thank you for writing such a detailed account, I know if will be g comfort to others reading it.
Methotrexate can make us feel utterly exhausted. Couple that with the trauma of being diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy and the loss of our babies and it is no wonder that you feel emotionally and physically spent. Please be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Weez8

Re: Me and my story

Post by Weez8 »

Thank you so much for taking time to read. I really appreciate it. Being on here and reading through people's stories makes me feel more comfort. I think what you do here is amazing. All the kind words shared, the advice and also just taking time to listen. It's amazing and really does mean so much ❤️