By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

PTSD after ectopic surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
HelenWhite273

PTSD after ectopic surgery

Post by HelenWhite273 »

Hi Im Helen, I am a children's A&E nurse.
I lost my baby white to a ectopic pregnancy Feb 2022. I was at work when I was sent to A&E. I have been back at work for around a month, this week I have found it really tough, work is a massive trigger. I find myself lost in playing over the events of what happened to me at night, and find being around other pregnant members of staff really difficult. I am looking for ways people cope with PTSD, any good CBT techniques, I already have a baby loss journal so would find a ptsd journal helpful.

Many thanks

Helen

EPT Host 20

Re: PTSD after ectopic surgery

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Helen,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
We hear from many women who have experienced PTSD following the trauma of ectopic pregnancy and baby loss. It is good that you are able to recognise these symptoms and feelings but it is so important that you get the help and support you need.
You can speak to your GP about this, however I would strongly suggest looking at the counselling services provided by the RCN. (I am presuming you are in the UK)
I personally used their services for a different reason and had a specific trauma counsellor who I cannot rate highly enough.
Here at the Trust, we are sadly unable to offer this very specific type of counselling however we can offer support by way of emails, telephone calls and group sessions. Please see details below.

Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

HelenWhite273

Re: PTSD after ectopic surgery

Post by HelenWhite273 »

Thankyou for your reply. Yes I do work in the NHS and my trust have offer counselling and support through an independent company which I have started the process of accessing. I have found writing, journalling and colouring has helped settle my mind in the initial recovery from my surgery so thinking of doing this again.

Thanks
Helen