By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Yesterday I got my ectopic and left tube removed

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Adri

Yesterday I got my ectopic and left tube removed

Post by Adri »

Hello! The EPT page and this forum have been a really great source of information and relief for me in this situation. On july 7th, I went for my first ultrasound at 5.1 weeks pregnant, because I was experiencing spotting. We didn't see a sac.

My OBGYN asked me to get blood tests for quantitative bhcg on that day and 2 days later. My levels went from 1564 to 1445.

On monday july 11th, I went for a second ultrasound, and we saw what appeared to be a pseudosac. My doctor said this typically appears when an ectopic pregnancy is happening. And also she saw a mass next to my left ovary.

She asked me to go get bhcg levels again on wednesday july 13th (I was 6 weeks pregnant that day). When I got the results, thay had risen to 2486, and she asked me to go to her office that same afternoon.

We found out my left tube had ruptured, because she could see blod on the ultrasound, but we caught it right on time. I wasn't experiecing any pain, just some minor cramping on and off on the left side.

I got my ectopic and tube removed that same day (yesterday) at 11 pm. I'm writing this on thursday july 14th, from my bed at the hospital.

I'm glad I was always stable and well taken care of, but my heart, my soul, my eyes and my mind are crying. This was my first pregnancy and I can't believe what just happened. I just started trying this month. I was so happy for a week, and then the greatest sadness and emptiness I have ever felt.

The worst part was yesterday when they asked me to sign a paper for the "disposal of the product after surgery". How can they call my embrion a "product"? It was my baby. I just cried and cried with my husband. And also, after surgery when I was being moved to my room, I passed right next to the nurseries, and saw all the babies and my heart thought of my sweet baby.

I hope I heal soon, physically and mentally. Thanks for reading, sending all my love from Mexico!

Purple91-

Re: Yesterday I got my ectopic and left tube removed

Post by Purple91- »

Hey hun,

I am so sorry for you and know exactly how you are feeling. The same thing happened to me I had my surgery on the 7th of July I lost my right tube. Its honestly so heartbreaking especially when you have been trying aswel.

I hope it will get better for us. It will take some time for us to adjust and come to terms with it all. We will get our happy ending story. I wish you and your husband will get through it together and be strong for each other in these times. Allow yourself to feel the emotions, I found crying and writing how I felt in a notepad help.

Take care of yourself 🤍

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Adri,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
When we experience ectopic we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduced fertility and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal.
I know the forms discuss medical terminology and I'm so sorry about this. We understand that you have lost your baby and I am so sorry you have had to go through this.
As Purple19 has suggested journaling can be a really good way of understanding your feelings. It is still really early days in both of your journeys, please be kind to yourselves and allow time to grieve and heal both physically and emotionally. We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Hope0403

Post by Hope0403 »

Hi Adri and Purple91,

I’m so so sorry for both of your losses!

I had a similar experience on 4th March this year and my first pregnancy ended up being an ectopic pregnancy and I lost a tube as it had ruptured. I also needed a blood transfusion as I’d lost a lot of blood due to internal bleeding, and I needed to remain in hospital for a number of days to be monitored.

Personally, I struggled to even begin processing things in the hospital as I was on open wards and felt the thin curtains didn’t provide me enough privacy to grieve.,

It’s still hard some days and I’m absolutely still processing everything, but I try to remain hopeful for the future.

I was told that the baby will always be a part of me and they were a little soul that came to visit that couldn’t stay, and the person said it might help if I had an item to remember them. My husband and I actually both chose to get rings with what would have been their birthstone, as a way to remember them. I know it won’t help everyone, but I wanted to share this as I hadn’t heard this on any forums I’d seen, and it may help.

Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes for the future x