By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Fluid in uterus after surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Camo13

Fluid in uterus after surgery

Post by Camo13 »

Has anyone experienced fluid in their uterus after surgery? It’s been 3 months since I had my fallopian tube removed and this week they’ve said they can see fluid in my uterus and have booked me for a hysterscopy to check - although they seem vague about what/why and I have to wait another 3 months for that due to waiting lists.

EPT Host 20

Re: Fluid in uterus after surgery

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Camo,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss and continued worries,The
Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on the fluid they have seen, it is perhaps taking a while to absorb following surgery. I know hospital waiting lists are very long at the moment and I am sorry to hear you are stuck with a wait.
I would advise to speak to your medical team of GP if you experience any unusual pain or unusual vaginal discharge or bleeding to see the date could be brought forward at all.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

LisaKate

Post by LisaKate »

Hi Camo,

I’m 3 weeks post-surgery now but I was admitted back to hospital a week ago with serious abdomen pain.

An ultrasound showed I’ve still got a lot of fluid in my womb and they were worried that some of it looked like blood which was their biggest concern. They did a CT scan to check and found that it wasn’t active bleeding so the blood was probably still from the op. But they did say I do have a lot of fluid which is probably causing me a lot of discomfort.

The hospital said to me that they expect most fluid to be absorbed by the body 4-6 weeks post op, so they didn’t put a drain in as they hope it will go away on its own. But maybe that’s why they want to check you? Because you maybe shouldn’t still have fluid after 3 months? I’m obviously not medically trained but just going on what the doctors said to me. Is the fluid causing you any discomfort?

Really hope you get some answers soon!! And I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through this. Sending love x

Daisy180423

Post by Daisy180423 »

Hi, so sorry to hear this.
I’m 3 months post op and haven’t had my period yet. I’ve been getting pains and twinges in my abdomen but in the past week I have also been getting on and off shoulder pain - did you experience this at all?(just to note we are not ttc so therefore not pregnant). I have got a GP appointment at the end of the week but it is worrying me.