By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Second ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Phoenix 136

Second ectopic pregnancy

Post by Phoenix 136 »

Hey I’m reaching out to see if anyone else has had multiple ectopic pregnancies? Did anyone have a healthy pregnancy afterwards?
I am recovering from my second right now and I’m struggling. My first was caught at 6 weeks and treated. This time I went in for my first ultrasound at 9 weeks. Everything had been so normal and I was overjoyed to see my baby. I got to hear the heartbeat only for the nurse to run and grab the doctor to tell me my worst fear that it was ectopic again. I swear a part of me broke on that table. Because it was so far they sent me straight to hospital for surgery to remove the tube. It happened so fast I was in shock and devastated. I really thought I would finally get my baby but here I am a week later in pain. I was in shock for a while and then in a lot of physical pain from the procedure. Now the emotional is hitting me and it’s almost unbearable.
With it being my second and now down a tube I have little faith for the future. Everyone tries to comfort me with saying you’ll have another baby in the future- but I wanted this one. I know now my chances are even slimmer as I struggle with fertility. Will I ever have a healthy pregnancy? How do I even try again knowing it could happen again, I don’t think my heart can bear that.

Lyn_K

Re: Second ectopic pregnancy

Post by Lyn_K »

Hi Phoenix136,

I am really sorry to hear what you had to go through. Unfortunately, I don't have a personal experience to share with you. I had my first ectopic pregnancy last March and only just started trying again.

I did go on a different forum asking for success stories as my ectopic was treated expectantly. I was very nervous about having another ectopic because I can feel that I am ovulating on my ectopic side now. And a kind soul shared her story which really reassured me. She had one ectopic which led to removal of that tube. She then had another one in the remaining tube which was managed expectantly. And her third pregnancy was successful (so in her already damaged tube).

There are also many stories on this forum of women who had multiple ectopic pregnancies with success stories. I spent so many hours reading them all and even re-reading them over and over again.

I am sorry I don't have anything more personal to share. I also ask myself the same question: 'How do I even try again knowing that it could happen again?'. Especially as I am turning 37 this year and my chances are getting slimmer and slimmer. But I try and stay positive because there is no other way and I really want that rainbow baby. And when I have a wobble, I come here to find comfort. I hope you can too. x

Hope0403

Re: Second ectopic pregnancy

Post by Hope0403 »

Hi Phoenix136,

I’m so sorry for your losses!

I’ve not had personal experience with multiple ectopics myself (I had my first ectopic in March this year), but I do know someone personally that had ectopics previously and they have since had a healthy baby! They used Window To The Womb (a private ultrasound company), for additional reassurance during this pregnancy. They said it was really good there and even after they’d found the pregnancy was in the correct location, they still thoroughly checked her tubes to be sure it was all ok.

Best wishes for the future x