By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

first period for ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Noswilkin

first period for ectopic

Post by Noswilkin »

Hello,

I’m on my first period since ectopic, around 5-6 weeks since having it resolved via the drug.

My period is extremely heavy? I was just wondering if anybody else had a similar first period. Prior to ectopic I had heavy periods too but not as heavy at this period.. any info or experiences would be helpful!

Sending love to anybody who needs it post Ectopic ❤️

Noswilkin

Re: first period post ectopic

Post by Noswilkin »

Noswilkin wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:28 pm
Hello,

I’m on my first period since ectopic, around 5-6 weeks since having it resolved via the drug.

My period is extremely heavy? I was just wondering if anybody else had a similar first period. Prior to ectopic I had heavy periods too but not as heavy at this period.. any info or experiences would be helpful!

Sending love to anybody who needs it post Ectopic ❤️

MrsET

Re: first period for ectopic

Post by MrsET »

Hi Noswilkin,

Sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy. I recently had my first period too which came about four weeks after the ectopic was resolved via expectant management. Mine was definitely heavier and more painful than usual but didn't last more than 5 days. My period finished 5 days ago and I've been experiencing pain on and off around my right ovary (ectopic side) but also my left.

I guess it will take a little while for things to settle down and there is probably more going on inside than we are aware of. I hope it settles down soon and you're not in too much pain with it.

Thank you for sharing as I struggled to find many posts about periods when I was waiting for mine and needed to read through other peoples experiences so hopefully this will be of some comfort to others.

Bis123

Re: first period for ectopic

Post by Bis123 »

Hi,

Did the pain on both sides end up settling? I’m on my period now following expectant management 4 weeks ago and just wanted to know what to expect