By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Combined pill after ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
millie_457

Combined pill after ectopic pregnancy

Post by millie_457 »

Hi all,

About over a month ago I started taking my combined pill (Rigevidon) again following my recovery from EP (I went the expectant management route). I never had any problems with this kind of pill when I used to take it before (I've never had problems this severe with any form of hormonal contraception to be honest), but ever since my EP I have been experiencing severe mood swing and depressive symptoms. It got to the point where I was really suffering and I didn't want to keep subjecting my partner to my continuous bouts of anger and sadness over the tiniest things. I stopped taking it today and I already feel better. Also interestingly, when I was halfway through this pill pack, I felt a sharp, short-lived pain in my left side where the tubal pregnancy was. I can only assume it's not ovulation pain as the pill (as far as I know) is meant to stop ovulation - but the timing and temporality of it suggests otherwise. I also understand that ovulation pain can be felt more intensely following an EP.

I'm going to arrange a consultation with a doctor tomorrow to discuss alternative contraception and the pain I had. I'm just interested to know if anyone else has had new problems with their usual method of contraception after EP?

EPT Host 22

Re: Combined pill after ectopic pregnancy

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Millie_457,

While I'm not medically qualified to answer your inquiry, I wanted to encourage you to follow up with your GP and doctors about the use of the combined pill following your ectopic pregnancy.

Very often the ectopic pregnancy and loss leaves us with many questions. I always suggest to keep a journal of these questions to bring to your GP appointments, no matter how long after the initial treatment has occured.

We are here for you for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust

Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
Join us for the first Ectopic Pregnancy Awareness Day on 1 August 2022

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team