By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

HCG fluctuating in expectant management

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Chloe95

HCG fluctuating in expectant management

Post by Chloe95 »

Has anyone had fluctuating hcg levels in expectant management I have an ectopic in my right tube and my levels originally dropped from 484 to 324 then stayed at around 254 for a week then back up to 310 then dropped to 198 and now back up again to 260. I'm just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and the ectopic resolved itself as they are now trying to push methotrexate but I had that for and ectopic 2 years ago so I'm really not keen on it again. The mass seen hasn't changed In size throughout. This has all been happening for just over 2 weeks.

EPT Host 22

Re: HCG fluctuating in expectant management

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Chloe95,

I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss,

We do hear from women with an odd spike in hCG levels or levels that plateau for a while before settling with expectant and medical management with methotrexate. It is difficult to predict how quickly our levels will fall; for some, it can take up to 3 months.

Unfortunately, I am not trained to advise why your levels fluctuate in such a manner. I presume your doctors are looking at an overall trend. If you are concerned, I would advise asking your medical team.

We would advise not doing any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise whilst your levels are reducing.

We have more information on expectant management on our website here -
https://ectopic.org.uk/treating-an-ectopic-pregnancy

We are here for you throughout your journey and as long as needed.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Shalise

Post by Shalise »

Hello, this happened to me, I had an increase, decrease, increase before it eventually dropped consistently and I’ve now been discharged x

natashaxox

Post by natashaxox »

Hi

This is happening to me at the moment, my levels have gone from 150-140-180-270-325 and I’m scheduled to have the methotrexate this afternoon. Can I ask why you aren’t keen on the methotrexate this time? Did you have a bad experience with it last time?

Sorry for your ectopic, this is my first pregnancy and I never dreamed it would end like this, it’s heartbreaking.

xx

Chloe95

Post by Chloe95 »

Hey, yeah I had hip pain after the shot and I still have trouble in it every so often now. I have had to take it this time too aswell. Aw no I'm sorry to hear that this has happened with your first this is my 5th loss so I totally understand how your feeling xx

bri1989

Post by bri1989 »

Shalise wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:23 am
Hello, this happened to me, I had an increase, decrease, increase before it eventually dropped consistently and I’ve now been discharged x
Just wondering how king the whole process took? I am currently going through expectant management right now and my levels have increased, decreased and now increased again?! 😞