By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain months later

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Emmapx

Pain months later

Post by Emmapx »

Hi! So im 7 months post ectopic (started nov 22, discharged end of jan 23). I still have pain around my ectopic site, I’ve had a scan which has come back all clear around ovaries, tubes etc. The pain seems to be like a pinching pain that comes and goes and I’ve noticed it can be worse around ovulation, or when needing the toilet (number 2). I was treated with 1 shot of methotrexate. Has anyone else experienced this ? Tia xxx

EPT Host 20

Re: Pain months later

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Emma,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss,
Pain following treatment for ectopic pregnancy can be common. It is good that you have had a scan, but I understand frustrating that a cause wasn't found. Many people, including myself also felt discomfort you are describing when they didn't before their ectopic pregnancy. Sometimes this settles with time and in other cases (such as mine) pain an discomfort can still be felt around ovulation, and this is 12 years later. Sadly there is little research into why so many of us experience this, so I cannot offer any answers as to a cause. I will however advise to seek medical advice if it worsens or if you are concerned.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Emmapx

Post by Emmapx »

Hi Karen, thanks for your reply ! I’m sorry to hear you had the same thing but it is comforting to hear I’m not alone; I do have IBS so I’m wondering if that’s maybe got something to do with it, my body’s been weird the last 7 months and I’ve been back and forth to my gp with no really any answers, awaiting smear test results and then I may request another scan as I am prone to ovarian cysts just to check!

mowakasha

Post by mowakasha »

Hey! I have exactly this three years post ectopic and tube removal. There isn’t even a tube there and I get pain. Always if I need a number 2 or ovulating.

I had a child after my ectopic by caesarean and I asked her to look for scar tissue and adhesion and the surgeon said everything was totally normal.

It’s so strange! But I’m right there with you.

Emmapx

Post by Emmapx »

mowakasha wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:35 am
Hey! I have exactly this three years post ectopic and tube removal. There isn’t even a tube there and I get pain. Always if I need a number 2 or ovulating.

I had a child after my ectopic by caesarean and I asked her to look for scar tissue and adhesion and the surgeon said everything was totally normal.

It’s so strange! But I’m right there with you.

Hey!! Thanks so much for your reply, I can’t believe you still having pains all they years later, how strange ! I didn’t have surgery I was treated with methotrexate, so find it so weird that I have pain! It can be really uncomfortable at times and puts me off trying again as it makes me worry somethings wrong 🙃 my husbands told me he’ll pay for a private scan just to double check everything and pay for anything else also he’s happy to wait as long as I need, but I just don’t know ! Congratulations on your rainbow baby 💙💙

mowakasha

Post by mowakasha »

If you think a scan would make you feel better then go for it! It could just be you’re more heightened awareness post ectopic x