By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Discharged after expectant management

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
User

Discharged after expectant management

Post by User »

Hello all,

Im looking for a bit of advice/ experience after reading some conflicting info online.

I was discharged today after 3 weeks of expectant management for PUL as my hcg dropped to 3miu.
I did start bleeding again today, fresh blood but no pain.
The nurse told me that I am now in the clear and I can relax and dismiss any pains I may get. She said the bleeding was probably because of hormones dropping.

Apparently new guidance is to discharged patients with hcg below 25

I have seen many nurses and consultants over the past few weeks as I had a previous ectopic rupture at only 5 weeks. Most had said I wouldn’t be discharged until hcg 0.

Can I relax now that hcg is as low as 3?Anyone else experienced new bleeding due to drop in hormones?

Sending love and best wishes to all who have been/ are going through this horrible and heartbreaking process xx

Sallyew13

Re: Discharged after expectant management

Post by Sallyew13 »

Hiya
I am currently receiving expectant management
The staff at the EPU told me that I may experience a “withdrawal bleed” when the HCG falls quite low, so I wonder if what you are experiencing is this withdrawal bleed?
Take care xx

User

Re: Discharged after expectant management

Post by User »

Hi Sally thank you so much for your reply - I had not heard about withdrawal bleeding so really appreciate that info.
Sending you strength on your journey x