By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Waiting Game - Any positive stories?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Birks

Waiting Game - Any positive stories?

Post by Birks »

Hi
My anxiety is kicking in now...
I have recently tested positive 4+2 so still early days, but I cant help thinking that this will be ectopic.
I had an ectopic back in May and treated with the MTX injection, but I know theres a chance a second one can occur.

I seem to be trying to analyse every little twinge, worrying this could be ectopic. Ghe feeling of anxiety is also made worse by the fact I have no pregnancy symptoms, other than slight fatigue and a missed period.

I believe because of previous ectopic, I can request early bloods and a scan, but how do we get through the wait until then? Has anyone been in my situation and had a positive baba outcome and all feelings were just in your head?
I have two children already but at 37, I'm worried the more losses I have, my chances are out :(
Thank you x

natashaxox

Re: Waiting Game - Any positive stories?

Post by natashaxox »

Hey

Reading your story really reminded me of my own and how I felt at that time. I had an ectopic in March and was treated with methotrexate too. I got a positive test the first month we were able to try again, and like you had no real symptoms just aches and pains and no period.

I remember feeling the anxiety that you are feeling now and it’s horrible, you can have an early scan at the EPU at 6 weeks so make sure you call and book it in you can self refer if you’ve had a previous ectopic.

It’s such a hard time and the wait from now until the scan is awful, but just know that positive endings do happen, I was in your exact position I think I even posted on here asking for positive stories just like you have and I am currently 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant!

Nothing can make the wait any easier but I took some slight comfort in knowing that however much a worry or let my anxiety take over it’s not going to change the outcome and if it’s meant to be it will.

I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you xx

Birks

Post by Birks »

Hi Natasha,
Thanks for taking the time to read my journey so far and reply.
I definitely have taken comfort knowing there are others out there that have experienced what I'm going through and you know what ?! you are right, regardless of how I feel now, it definitely doesn't change the outcome of what happens next, so I guess lots of keeping myself busy and waiting patiently for the scan. The more relaxed I am, the easier it will be for my body and baby for this first 12 weeks wont it.

Congratulations on your pregnancy news too. I wish you a happy and healthy journey 😁

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Birks,
Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy,
After an ectopic pregnancy, finding we are pregnant again can be a mix of emotions and I can completely understand your feeling nervous. It is perfectly normal to feel scared after the ordeal you have endured. I also felt twinges and aches after my ectopic pregnancy, particularly when I next felt pregnant. My mind started racing and I was only really able to relax to some degree after my early scan. It is a nerve-wracking time and you have friends here who understand how you are feeling.

Speaking from UK medical practice and standards, usually doctors carry out an internal transvaginal scan at around six weeks with subsequent pregnancies after an ectopic. This is because there is a reasonable chance of seeing an embryo around this six week mark.
We advise contacting your local EPU, reminding them of your ectopic pregnancy and booking an appointment. If you are unable to self refer, contact your GP who will be able to do this for you.

Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team