By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Christmas

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
RosieH91

Christmas

Post by RosieH91 »

Normally I love Christmas and would already be getting super excited however this year I do not want to celebrate it at all. I should have been having our first baby at the end of November and as such this should have been our first Christmas as a family. The thought of it now being very different makes me so sad. I don't want to put my tree up this year, I don't want to sit round my in-laws and watch my niece and nephews enjoying Christmas and everyone else celebrating as a family. I honestly feel miserable about the thought of Christmas. I was at least hoping to be pregnant again by the time that the due date and Christmas come round but that's not happened so far. Any advice would be much appreciated.

EPT Host 22

Re: Christmas

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi RosieH91,

I'm so sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy and loss. Experiencing an ectopic pregnancy is both a physical and emotional trauma. The boards here are filled with women and men who are, sadly, bound by these experiences. These are safe spaces for you to share your thoughts, ask questions, and vent. They are also filled with positive stories which can help heal the pain and move you forward.

It is very normal to have waves of emotion following the experience. There is no set pathway for recovery, and for every woman, it is very unique. But also, our physical recovery is often quicker than our emotional recovery. This can especially be the case when we encounter others' pregnancies. It is very natural to feel a mix of emotions when we see other people with pregnancies and children. We can feel happy for them, but we also are grieving our own loss and what might have been. Please be kind to yourself and encourage your husband to do the same.

Your Christmas can be however you need it to be right now. You might need a different pace or a different location. There are a lot of expectations with the traditional holidays, and after suffering an ectopic pregnancy and grieving the loss, we may need to do something different. Please be kind to yourself and take it at your own pace. If you would like to talk, our team is available via email or phone at the contact details below. I want you to know that we are here for you throughout this journey.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust

Registered Charity Number: 1071811

The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

ChaoticBlues

Re: Christmas

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Hey,

I guess it’s not so much advice I can give but just someone to say I know how you feel and you are so not alone. I had an ectopic pregnancy starting in December that lasted until March and then I got pregnant again in June and that end in a chemical pregnancy. I usually put autumnal decor up followed by Halloween decorations and I haven’t got it in me this year.

I’ve got through all this loss and pain by focusing on other things, my diet, exercise tv, going to start reading again. I’ve had so many people around me get pregnant and have babies this year, I’ve just tried to block it out and just focus on myself.

RosieH91 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:46 am
Normally I love Christmas and would already be getting super excited however this year I do not want to celebrate it at all. I should have been having our first baby at the end of November and as such this should have been our first Christmas as a family. The thought of it now being very different makes me so sad. I don't want to put my tree up this year, I don't want to sit round my in-laws and watch my niece and nephews enjoying Christmas and everyone else celebrating as a family. I honestly feel miserable about the thought of Christmas. I was at least hoping to be pregnant again by the time that the due date and Christmas come round but that's not happened so far. Any advice would be much appreciated.