By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Feeling like I’m living in a void

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
lissyloo

Feeling like I’m living in a void

Post by lissyloo »

Hello everyone,
I found out my pregnancy was ectopic on Tuesday and was admitted straight away and had the surgery the next day to remove it and my right tube . I was sent home on Thursday and since Tuesday I feel like I’ve been in this strange void of not feeling anything. I’ve hardly even cried! I’m so sore tired and bloated and the shoulder pains are unreal!.
I know I’m eventually going to beak and it’s all going to come flooding out 😔. I’m just struggling how to accept this is all real 😔

lissyloo

Re: Feeling like I’m living in a void

Post by lissyloo »

lissyloo wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:33 pm
Hello everyone,
I found out my pregnancy was ectopic on Tuesday and was admitted straight away and had the surgery the next day to remove it and my right tube . I was sent home on Thursday and since Tuesday I feel like I’ve been in this strange void of not feeling anything. I’ve hardly even cried! I’m so sore tired and bloated and the shoulder pains are unreal!.
I know I’m eventually going to beak and it’s all going to come flooding out 😔. I’m just struggling how to accept this is all real 😔

CamLe

Re: Feeling like I’m living in a void

Post by CamLe »

Hi lissyloo,

I am so sorry for your loss and what you are going through. I have now experienced two ectopic pregrancies, and in my experience my emotions didn't really surface until the most intense physical part of the experiences passed. My second EP was resolved with surgery and tube removal on Oct 21, and I found that emotions starting to come seemingly out of nowhere about a week after surgery, when I felt less bloated and less pain from the surgery. I would say take it day by day and don't worry about emotions not being there right away, but do be on the lookout for them. I found it hard both times being hit by waves of emotions as soon as I 'felt better'. It is such a hard thing to go through, but it will get better. I think the best we can do is to make space for the emotions when they arrive, and to surround ourselves to be supported when we need it.

Take care, Cam xo