By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Belly Button Glue Stitch

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kally C 1988

Belly Button Glue Stitch

Post by Kally C 1988 »

Hi Everybody, I removed my left tube yesterday and today I have some light bleeding where my glue stitch on my belly button is. I went to the nurse and she said it is normal. I am still bleeding though. Has anyone else had the same problem? Thank you, Kally

Jc798429

Re: Belly Button Glue Stitch

Post by Jc798429 »

First off, I want to say how sorry for I am for what you’re going through.

I was treated with methotrexate for my ectopic, so I didn’t need surgery, but I did have laparoscopic surgery for my gall bladder removal in June 2023!
The only incision I had issues with light bleeding was also my belly button incision. Like you, I went to have it checked out and my nurse said that area is the most manipulated in laparoscopic surgery and healing in that area can be difficult because that part of your body is always moving! The bleeding stopped within a day or two, but my belly button incision was the slowest healing of my 4 incisions. I made a few follow up appointments to have the surgeon/nurse check it to be safe!

Kally C 1988

Re: Belly Button Glue Stitch

Post by Kally C 1988 »

Thank you for the reply. It stopped bleeding just like you said. I am also sorry to hear about your ectopic and your gall bladder. I am glad the methotrexate shot worked for you, I also got the shot and although my numbers were going down a lot, it did not work out for me, my tube was severely enlarged. Thank you again, Kally