By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2nd ectopic in 6 months 🤦‍♀️

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Elocin

2nd ectopic in 6 months 🤦‍♀️

Post by Elocin »

Just reaching out to see if anyone has had a similar experience. I feel so alone at the moment, in April I had my right tube removed due to an ectopic at 6 weeks. Tried hard to recover and heal emotionally and physically, finally felt confident enough to try again and I’m now 1 week out of hospital from a ruptured ectopic in my left tube. So both tubes gone, 2 losses, in 6 months. Im just so angry and upset why twice? I have no underlying conditions to increase my odds other than having the first ectopic…everyone just says what bad luck. It’s just not fair.

ChaoticBlues

Re: 2nd ectopic in 6 months 🤦‍♀️

Post by ChaoticBlues »

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It really is unfair. It's harder knowing the chances are so small without an underlying condition, it's like 2% chance.

I had an ectopic but it resulted in having methotrexate. Since then I've got pregnant once more it ended in a chemical. It's just been very hard not knowing if I will ever conceive or have a successful pregnancy.

It is only a week since it all happened, its important to take your time to come to terms with it all. Then if you do decide to try again, you've been with your partner for over 2 years then you could think about ivf which will likely be free.

I've been through IVF 3 times. The thought of it initially was quite scary to me. I thought I'd never do it and it really wasn't a bad experience at all.

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hey Elocin,

So sorry for your losses and two traumatic events in such a short time. I also had 2 EPs this year.. mine were on the same side, first treated w MTX last Feb and second with a salpingectomy 6 weeks ago. A bit different from your situation in that I still have one tube left, but I wanted to message because I do share your pain and frustration at not having any known risk factors or explanation for mine either. My first EP was hard, but with the 2nd one it's been hard not to feel defeated. I've been back at work for 3 weeks now after taking 3 off, and I struggle with energy and focus. I sometimes get completely overwhelmed abd swept away by grief, sadness, and fear.

I did talk with another woman on the forum in the last month or so that lost both tubes and was planning to move to IVF. It should be fairly easy to find our convo in the recent-ish one if you'd like to talk with someone who, like ChaoticBlues, is taking the IVF route. And Im here too if you'd like to talk some more.

Take care and rest up - your latest EP is still very close and although it won't get easy, it will get easier with time. ❤️. Cam

Elocin

Post by Elocin »

Thanks guys it means so much to know I’m not alone. It’s such a hard thing, we’ve had losses before but this feels different it’s the pain of a loss and the pain of physically losing something as well. We might look towards IVF in the future. I’m a bit scared of the idea of pregnancy at the moment if I’m honest. I am so lucky I do have a 3 year old and so grateful for him but I can help feel angry about this past year. I’m definitely going to try and communicate on the forums and reach out as it’s hard isn’t it explaining how you feel to someone who thankfully hasn’t experienced an ectopic. X

rmartioski

Post by rmartioski »

Hi there,

Just wanted to share that I’m currently going through the same thing. I was diagnosed with my 2nd ectopic this week. My first was in August and in my right tube, this time my left. You’re right, it’s not fair. I’m wishing you healing, physically and emotionally. ❤️

Elocin

Post by Elocin »

rmartioski wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:56 pm
Hi there,

Just wanted to share that I’m currently going through the same thing. I was diagnosed with my 2nd ectopic this week. My first was in August and in my right tube, this time my left. You’re right, it’s not fair. I’m wishing you healing, physically and emotionally. ❤️
Hi
Thanks for sharing your experience and making me feel less alone in this :)
Wishing you healing, I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Just want you to know you’re not alone x
I’m due to go back to work in a week and I’m feeling a lot more positive and well in myself. Give yourself time one ectopic is traumatic let alone 2 so close together. I’ve been doing some counselling which has helped a lot; definitely recommend if you’re feeling it’s all a bit of a struggle
Hopefully you’ve had a relaxing and joyful Christmas

LDD

Post by LDD »

I just read this thread as I too have experienced two ectopic pregnancies, one in May last year in my right tube treated with methotrexate and the second 2 weeks ago treated with surgery to remove my tube. I also had a chemical pregnancy in between the 2 ectopics. Also no underlying conditions like you. I’m so sorry you’ve all had to experience this too, it’s so unfair :(

Just wanted to say I understand how you feel, I’m also angry, upset and feel so isolated not wanting to see anyone (all my friends are pregnant).
Hope you’re all doing better since you posted on this thread and sending lots of positivity and luck to all of you xx

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hi ladies,

As much as I hate having had to experience two EPs, Im also grateful to have others like you who understand the struggle. LDD and rmartioski, sorry to hear about your experiences. I agree with Elocin, therapy has been core for me in the last year and I'd also recommend it. This weeks is one year since treatment of my first EP and it's been tough, though I'm usually finding that anticipation is worst than the day of. I've been finding that mental recovery is a longer/harder journey after my second and am trying to give myself some grace and space to heal, even if I wish it were 'over'. Be kind with yourselves, this is an extremely hard thing to go through. Im here if anyone needs to talk.

Cam xo

LDD

Post by LDD »

Hi Cam,

Thanks for your reply, as you say it’s horrible experiencing this but knowing there are ladies like you out there who have unfortunately had to experience this too makes me feel less alone.

I’m really sorry this week has been the one year mark for you, I know how you feel I’m already thinking about mine coming up in a few months and already feel so anxious anytime the thought crosses my mind. That’s reassuring to hear you’ve found the anticipation worse than the actual day though.

I’m glad therapy has helped you and Elocin. I’ve actually arranged to have therapy starting next week as I’m finding it really hard to cope with everything after the second ectopic, so hoping that it might help me even if just a little bit.

Look after yourself and sending you lots of positive vibes :) xx

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hey LDD,

Thanks for the lovely response toi! Glad to hear you're getting some support. It's a tough journey and you deserve all the help you can get to get through it. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Cam