By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Rupture anxiety low hcg

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Chloewess

Rupture anxiety low hcg

Post by Chloewess »

Hi all.
I’ve been diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy for the last 2 weeks. My hcg at its highest was 800. I have been treated with 2 doses of methotrexate since the first didn’t bring the levels down after day 7. After each dose I experienced severe pain and went back to hospital for 1-2 nights for monitoring. Pain subsided and scans showed no sign of rupture. Levels are now down to 195 (they were 800 5 days ago the day before second mtx dose). Docs sent me home happy with the declining hcg and pain going away but I’m still so anxious worried about a rupture. The anxiety is quite crippling and I’m in fear whenever I even feel a slight niggle.
I’m not sure what I’m hoping to hear but I’m just really hoping I’m getting toward the end of this whole ordeal safely.
Xxx

ChaoticBlues

Re: Rupture anxiety low hcg

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Hey Chloewess,

I so know how you feel. A year ago I had mxt injection, my hcg at the time of injection was 4600, it took 10 weeks to get to a hcg of 0. Throughout I remember being petrified of a rupture. I was so scared. I did no exercise and just hoped that my body would go back to normal.

The fact that the hcg is decreasing and your levels in the hundreds that's a good sign that it's all going in the right direction.

Sorry you're going through this. It's a horrible time. I've had friends speak about an ectopic like is just a miscarriage but they have no idea the feeling of a pregnancy being harmful to your body and being scared your going to have internal bleeding. Hoping your hcg gets to 0 soon.