By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic Pregnancy at 19

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Scarlet224

Ectopic Pregnancy at 19

Post by Scarlet224 »

I know that I’m just a dumb teenager and don’t have the right to feel upset, but why am I?
I had found out I was pregnant in the hospital on January 20th at around 2 pm and then found out it was ectopic and it had already ruptured 2 hours later and got rushed to the OR. This was not planned whatsoever and the father bolted the second I told him and I was never going to be a fit mother but I was ready to do whatever it took for that baby until that choice was taken from me.
I shouldn’t be upset. I deserved this. I had this coming to me right? I’m only 19. Then why does it feel like I lost a child when I was only 6 weeks? Why do I wish that I could have seen the baby’s face, fingers, toes? I feel sick with guilt and it feels like I just got punished with my baby in the crossfire.

tinyjewel

Re: Ectopic Pregnancy at 19

Post by tinyjewel »

Please don’t feel guilty or feel like it’s a punishment because it isn’t. You are young and having an ectopic pregnancy is hard. I am sorry you are going through this. I felt the same way. Like it was maybe something I did? And it is sad to lose a pregnancy, no matter how it happens. I’m sorry your partner bailed, that is not supportive or nice of him at all. It’s better to see his true colors and know who is going to be by your side. I think writing about your experience here is a great start to healing.

I had a completely different experience with an ectopic and it was very very hard. But know that you are not alone and we are all here together.

viewtopic.php?t=34099

I found this thread helpful ^^^

Feel free to message or post again with any comments or questions. Hang in there 💜

EPT Host 22

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi TinyJewel,

I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered this ectopic pregnancy and loss. Even if we were not ready for a pregnancy, suffering from an ectopic pregnancy is still a physical and emotional trauma. It can bring up many emotions, even relief. There have been other women on these boards who have expressed similar feelings, and these are all valid and part of the experience of pregnancy, which is individual for each of us.

Your experience is so recent that I hope you are having some time for rest and recovery. Please know that we are here for you throughout your recovery and for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hey Scarlet224,

I just wanted to eccho others' words to say that there's nothing you did to deserve it. I don't imagine than being young makes it less traumatologie to go through an event that is both a pregnancy loss and a life-threatening medical emergency. I'm really sorry you're going through all of it and totally understand your pain and wish to have known the little life you were growing. I hope you can surround yourself with love despite the father not being up to it. It doesn't get easy but it does get a bit easier with time.

Take care, Cam