By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Low blood pressure post surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LTQKVS

Low blood pressure post surgery

Post by LTQKVS »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has suffered from low blood pressure and dizzy spells? It’s two weeks post surgery and I saw my doctor yesterday and my blood pressure was low which must be why I’m dizzy I was told it could be a viral thing or the effects of the anaesthetic whilst my body is still recovering.

Just wondering how common this might be and how long is lasted? Thinking about asking for bloods is no better by Friday

EPT Host 20

Re: Low blood pressure post surgery

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LTQKVS,
Unfortunately we are unable to give personalised medical advice, however as you have had surgery, I would ensure your Dr has thought of reasons such a anaemia (low blood count level) which can also make you dizzy and have low blood pressure. There are many other reasons for dizziness and low blood pressure and if you start to feel more unwell, develop a temperature, become short of breath, pain or swelling in your calf muscles, discharge or redness around your wounds, or you remain concerned, please seek medical advice again.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Abbiegrace

Post by Abbiegrace »

Hi,
I had the dizziness post surgery too, I was also told by the epu that it’s most likely something viral and that my body had been through a lot. The dizziness did go after about 4/5 days, and it now seems every time I catch anything I now suffer with dizziness 🙃 the drs have said that a viral illness can cause an imbalance in your ears that should go eventually. It’s not nice though! Hope you feel better soon

LTQKVS

Post by LTQKVS »

Hey,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes they did consider viral. I went back today for the third time and they aren’t worried and did some neurological tests and to be honest it’s gradually getting better just taking its time like the recovery I guess. Good to know I’m not the only one who’s experienced this.