By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Second coil Pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
PowerThroughAgain

Second coil Pregnancy

Post by PowerThroughAgain »

Hi all,

Last year I got pregnant on the copper coil which ended up Ectopic with methotrexate.

I again have got pregnant on the coil, some how beating statistics hete.

Last week I had heavy bleeding clots and aches. The bleeding has now stopped but remain achey. I contacted Early pregnancy unit, they scanned and couldnt see anything. Taken my HCG which was only 75 which is why they didn't see anything. I have had my bloods taken again today 48 hour's later and it's 190.

Is that a good increase?

I have a scan again end of next week, hoping for a healthy pregnancy. I'm also worried that if it is viable what the effects of the coil will be?

Ahh

Thanks for listening

EPT Host 22

Re: Second coil Pregnancy

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi PowerThroughAgain,

A whispered congratulations on your pregnancy. It's very natural to feel anxious in pregnancies following our ectopic experiences, especially when we are having sensations within our body. While I'm not medically qualified to comment on your situation, in these early days, as best as you can, please be kind to yourself and take time to relax. No matter what, we are here for you anytime and as long as needed.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy - I can appreciate the stress of waiting to confirm where your current one is located. As far as I know they expect hormones to double every 48 hrs in a 'normal' pregnancy. I know each experience and body is unique, but still wanted to share that my sister did have a successful pregnancy despite having a copper IUD and went on to give birth to beautiful twin boys that are now 5. From what I recall there are risks associated with having an IUD even if the pregnancy in intra-uterine, but I hope my sister gives your hope while you wait for more conclusive results. Keep us posted on what you hear ❤️.

Xo Cam

PowerThroughAgain

Thank you so much for your replies.
I've been suffering with cramps and had a gush and bleeding today so my scan has been moved forward to tomorrow and I just don't know what to expect, it could go many different ways. X

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hey there,

Sorry to hear, that sounds very stressful. I'll be sending some good thoughts your way tmrw.

Cam

PowerThroughAgain

They again couldn't see anything on the scan and they rechecked my HCG and it has dropped from 190 to 152, it has been 4 days since my last HCG so should have been significantly higher. They are thinking it's most likely a miscarriage now but for repeat blood sin 48hours :cry:
Thanks for all the support along the way but looks like it's the end of the road on this journey, onto the next..

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hey, really sorry to hear - Im sending some good thoughts your way. Keep me posted on how you do ❤️