By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Slight pain on side of historic ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sallyew13

Slight pain on side of historic ectopic

Post by Sallyew13 »

Hi all,
I had a left sided ectopic in aug-sept 2023. It was managed conservatively so I still have the tubes. I had an HSG recently showing the tubes were open. I have unexplained sub fertility / infertility issues.
However sometimes, especially in the luteal phase I get some light pains on the left side. It’s almost as if maybe something is trying to travel down but can’t, or maybe there’s some scarring. I am trying to remain hopeful because HSG showed open tubes.
What is the pain? What could it be? Scarring? Early pregnancy? Psychological?

Thank you.

Enfys

Re: Slight pain on side of historic ectopic

Post by Enfys »

Hi Sallyew13
I’m sorry to hear all you’ve been through. Cyclical pain with ovulation isn’t too unusual but if it’s severe it is something I would raise with your doctors. Especially if you have any other symptoms or signs of endometriosis. Arguably you already do have other indicators of potential endo in terms of having subfertility and a previous ectopic pregnancy.
I have endometriosis and pre excision surgery would often get cyclical ovulation pain together with bowel and bladder pain at that time of the month due to endo I have being around the left side of my pelvis and down around my rectum.
I hope you get some answers and best of luck on your journey to conceive xx

ChaoticBlues

Re: Slight pain on side of historic ectopic

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Same, I had a pregnancy in an unknown location. At the time i had extreme pain I'm my left side, had methotrexate. Since then I get light pains in my left side mainly on my periods but some time in between. I do have a fibroid on my left side so no idea if it's linked.
Sallyew13 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:21 am
Hi all,
I had a left sided ectopic in aug-sept 2023. It was managed conservatively so I still have the tubes. I had an HSG recently showing the tubes were open. I have unexplained sub fertility / infertility issues.
However sometimes, especially in the luteal phase I get some light pains on the left side. It’s almost as if maybe something is trying to travel down but can’t, or maybe there’s some scarring. I am trying to remain hopeful because HSG showed open tubes.
What is the pain? What could it be? Scarring? Early pregnancy? Psychological?

Thank you.