By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Expected management minefield!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
GLM

Expected management minefield!

Post by GLM »

Hello everyone,

A back story I found out was pregnant after a week of severe pain on the 12th Feb. Due to previous Ectopic and right tube removal in 2014 I was seen by the EPU. A mass was found in my left tube. Spent the rest of the week in hospital being monitored but the doctors agreed to use expected management due to my HCG dropping.

HGC dropped to 0 last weekend and had a follow up scan on Tuesday where they can still see the mass in my left tube measuring 16x15x12mm so it has reduced but not the way my consultant wanted. I’ve been sent away for another 6 weeks before a follow up again.

I was just wondering what hope I have that this mass will correct itself and how long it can take as they mentioned if it’s still there is 6 weeks then they will need to remove my left tube.

She also mentioned that I look like I’m due a period soon but now I’m wondering will I know the difference between the period and the mass coming away!

My head is a minefield so any advice would be amazing and I’m struggling to get myself round this waiting.

Thanks in advance 🤍🤍

Enfys

Re: Expected management minefield!

Post by Enfys »

I am sorry I don’t have any experience or advice but just wanted to say I’m sorry you’re going through all this. It must be so disheartening to get to this point with expectant management to then still be faced with more time in limbo and wait for scan, and also the concern about needing surgery still.
Really hope the scan in 6 weeks shows resolution, and that you get some answers and reassurance in the meantime.