By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Remains

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
buckley27

Remains

Post by buckley27 »

On 13-09-2023 I had my operation to remove my tube and baby, after the operation I had to fill a form in about what I wanted to do with the remains and at the time I didn't want to know about it I was in so much shock so I said for them to be cremated as a group and they would be scattered at the crematorium. I really regret that decision now I wish I had took the ashes home with me I feel like I've not got any closure and like I've neglected my angel baby.

Enfys

Re: Remains

Post by Enfys »

I am so sorry for your loss and that you are left feeling this way. I can empathise having had surgery this week to remove my tube and pregnancy that the decision and filling forms as you’re being rushed to theatre is all really traumatic and difficult.
Please know you have not let your Angel down. They are still in your heart and you can honour them and remember them in a way that feels right to you.
Sending hugs 🤗

EPT Host 20

Re: Remains

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear buckly,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss. I cannot agree with Enfys more, at the time of surgery, you can have so much to think about in an emergency situation. You really aren't given the time to consider all of your options. From the bottom of my heart, you have done nothing wrong and not let your baby down at all.
If you wanted more information, you could ask the hospital chaplains where the ashes usually get scattered which may give you a space to visit if you wished.
There are many ways in which we can honour our loved ones and our shop also has items like teddy's or candles. You could plant something in a garden, I have a bracelet with a stone for the month I experienced my ectopic pregnancy.
Experiencing ectopic pregnancy can be a completely overwhelming time. You cannot be blamed for decisions made in emergency circumstances, so please be kind to yourself.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team