By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
buckley27

Period after ectopic

Post by buckley27 »

Hello I have polosystic ovaries and I've had an operation in September 13th 2023 to remove my fallopian tube because of my ectopic pregnancy, I only found out about my (pcos) when I was in hospital for my operation as I never knew this and just thought I didn't have periods because of my contraception.

I've still not had a period since June 2023, I bled after the operation but I wouldn't class that as a period, is this normal to not have a period for nearly 9 months? Really worried that I can't have children.

EPT Host 20

Re: Period after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear buckley,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss,
Unfortunately we are unable to provide personalised medical advice. I have however added NHS information on PCOS and infrequent or no periods can be a symptom.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/polycysti ... rome-pcos/

Not having periods is going to impact on your chance of concieving. I would suggest seeking medical advice to properly diagnose the cause for you not having periods and you may also be able get some treatment to help fertility issues associated with PCOS.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team