What is a PIF TICK?
The PIF TICK (Trusted Information Creator) is the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information.
PIF represents more than 300 organisations across the NHS, voluntary, academic, freelance and commercial sectors. Their expert guidance on the production of high-quality health information supports an improved healthcare experience for patients and the public. The aim is to empower people to make informed decisions about their health and improve outcomes. Obtaining health information about their condition is often a part of people’s recovery journey and should be accessible to all.
What this award means for The EPT
Achieving PIF TICK certification demonstrates our commitment to providing high-quality health information. This quality mark acknowledges the significant amount of work required to ensure that our information is current and of high standard.
Having the PIF TICK on our content shows that our health information has been through a professional and robust production process. To be awarded the PIF TICK, we were required to show our health information production process meets 10 criteria.
These 10 criteria for trustworthy health information are:
- Systems: Information is created using a consistent and documented process.
- Training: Staff receive ongoing training and support.
- Need: Resources meet a genuine need.
- Evidence: Information is based on reliable, up-to-date evidence which is communicated clearly.
- Involving users: Users are involved in the development of information.
- Health inequalities: Information is written to meet health and digital literacy, language and accessibility needs of the target audience.
- Content and design: Information is clearly communicated, easy to access and navigate.
- Feedback: There is a clear process for users to provide feedback.
- Disseminating: Information is promoted to maximise reach.
- Impact: The impact of information is measured.
This means you can have peace of mind that the information that you are accessing to is evidence-based, understandable, jargon-free, up-to-date and produced to the best possible standard.
You can find more information about PIF TICK and members on the PIF TICK website.