Ectopic pregnancy affects many tens of thousands of people each year. However, each individual’s circumstances, background, and thoughts and feelings are unique and each experience is valid.
Whatever your story involved, you can help others by opening a window into what going through the ordeal was like for you. You can provide encouragement, hope, and tips to help make someone else’s journey that little bit easier.
Each experience will be available to read in our personal stories section. In addition, we may also use parts of your experience or quotes in social media campaigns and in testimonials for media activity to increase awareness of the condition and its far-reaching impacts.
Submitting your personal experience
We share personal stories, videos, and poems by people who have been affected by ectopic pregnancy loss. When sharing, it is helpful for you to include answers to the following questions to help us introduce your piece accurately:
- What is your perspective? Are you the woman or individual who experienced the ectopic pregnancy, partner, couple, friend, family member, colleague, or healthcare professional?
- What type of ectopic pregnancy does your experience involve? Please see What is an ectopic pregnancy for locations
- Would you like to remain anonymous or use your initials or first name(s)? You are also welcome to include a photo. Do please note we do not publish photos of scan pictures, children, pregnancy tests or surgical scars
- What are your preferred pronouns? Would you prefer to be referred to as he/him, she/her, they/them in social media posts and on our website.
- Are you interested in sharing your story with our press officer for any potential media requests? We are often approached by journalists/media for experiences of ectopic pregnancy in their location. If you are comfortable with your story being used please specify and our Press Officer will contact you if any such requests are made.
We ask that written stories are 800 words max and do not include names of healthcare professionals or hospitals. It may be necessary for us to edit and will contact you for approval before we publish.
To submit your experience, or if you have any further questions, please email email@example.com
Thank you for your generosity in sharing your experience of ectopic pregnancy. Please remember that our support services are available at any time.